Covenant Care is the only hospice provider in the region with multiple dedicated Inpatient Hospice Centers equipped to address the most complex cases, Covenant Care gives you and your patients solutions when a life-limiting illness is not manageable at home. Our Inpatient Hospice Centers provide high-intensity levels of care during brief periods of crisis, while offering comfort and support to your patients and their families during this difficult journey.
What Do the Inpatient Centers Offer?
Staffed around the clock by Covenant’s interdisciplinary team of end-of-life experts, our Inpatient Centers offer the entire spectrum of hospice services, emphasizing a plan of care to meet the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of the patient and their loved ones – all in surroundings that are soothing and comfortable.
- Unlimited visiting hours
- Patient rooms with ample seating and sleeping accommodations for guests
- Licensed and certified hospice-trained physicians and nurses – experts in pain and symptom management
- Social workers and chaplains focused on emotional and spiritual needs of the patient and family members
- Hospice aides who provide dignified personal care services
- Specially-trained volunteers to support the patient and family
- Joint Commission accreditation
When Are the Inpatient Centers Utilized?
Criteria for this level of care include:
- Uncontrolled pain
- Intractable nausea
- Respiratory distress that is difficult to manage in the home setting
- Severe wounds or skin conditions requiring frequent assessments and dressing changes
- Symptoms identified by the physician as unmanageable in another setting
- Psychosocial crisis requiring frequent and ongoing assessment and interventions
Where Are the Inpatient Centers Located?
Panama City, Florida
Covenant Inpatient Hospice Center at Bay Medical Center
Sacred Heart Health System
615 North Bonita Avenue
Panama City, FL 32401
The 11,000 square foot center is located on the third floor of Bay Medical Center – Sacred Health System, and it consists of 18 exclusively private rooms.
Covenant Inpatient Hospice Center at West Florida Hospital
8383 North Davis Highway
Pensacola, FL 32514
With 16 beds on the third floor of West Florida Hospital, the 9,000 square foot center offers four family suites, eight private rooms and two semi-private rooms.
Covenant Inpatient Hospice Center at the Joyce Goldenberg Campus
10075 Hillview Road
Pensacola, FL 32514
Located in a tranquil, wooded setting, the center has 16 private rooms, many of which lead to a sprawling back porch overlooking a well-kept garden.
Pensacola, Florida (Coming Soon)
Covenant Inpatient Hospice Center at Sacred Heart Hospital
5151 North 9th Avenue
Pensacola, FL 32504
This 10,000 square foot unit will be located on the first floor of Sacred Heart Hospital and will offer 17 patient rooms.
Mobile, Alabama (Now Open)
Covenant Inpatient Hospice Center at Providence Hospital
6801 Airport Boulevard
Mobile, AL 36608
The 6,000-square-foot inpatient center is located on the 11th floor of Providence Hospital, and consists of 15 beds within an innovative floor plan and design.